Carron Pottery established in 1975.

 The Pottery & Craft Shop is in the old school & schoolhouse at Cam-allt which was built around 1860. This building was then converted in 1976/7 by Barry & Anne Jones, where Barry was the full time potter.

In 1978 Rob & Jan Teago moved from Applecross & joined forces with Barry and Anne to help build, and then run the Carron Restaurant next door. The Restaurant opened in 1979. Rob & Jan ran the restaurant for the next 14 years and built up a loyal customer base and a very good reputation for good food and a friendly atmosphere.

In 1982 Rob began learning to pot during the winter months, and when Barry & Anne retired in 1992, Rob & Jan were able to buy their business and Rob became a fulltime potter. He has developed the pottery in many ways over the years, introducing new colours, patterns and glazes including using the locally occurring marine clay. He now has a very healthy order book and the pots are sent all over the world.

In 1993 the Gallery was added to sell and promote local & Scottish professional artists.